Saturday, April 19, 2014

UNEAC Complicit In Its Silence

UNEAC Complicit In Its Silence / Angel Santiesteban
Posted on April 18, 2014

Previously I have said that in the circus exercise called court, which I
attended with the sentence already dictated by State Security, as I was
made to know long before by one of their henchmen, a fact that I made
known publicly — and which the judges in the First Chamber of Crimes
Against State Security executed, in their special headquarters for
notorious crimes on Carmen and Juan Delgado, when it was supposed that
my crime was common — officials of the Cuban Artists and Writers Union
(UNEAC) attended, sent by their president Miguel Barnet to watch the
show, like poet Alex Pausides, accompanied by the legal official, who
said that to his understanding what the prosecution could present
against me was smoke, like the report of that handwriting expert who
said that the height and slant of my handwriting made me guilty.

At the exit, the poet and Communist Party member Alex Pausides as well
as the legal official, said that I would be absolved given that what was
presented, and according to what was exposed in the oral ceremony, I
could not be judged, especially when I presented five witnesses who
demolished those accusations.

Dear members of UNEAC (take note). Angel Santiesteban, Revolutionarily, Me

Then, when they found me guilty, my lawyer went to UNEAC and left all
the documents that corroborated my innocence and that they requested for
presentation to Miguel Barnet, but we never received an answer, they
kept silent.

Of course, I am not naive, I never expected a reaction from UNEAC, I
always knew what they would do, but above all, what they would not do,
and they have fulfilled my predictions. I understood that they would
take that posture because I believe in history like a religion, and I
knew that history would yield that despicable stance. Their silence is
their shamelessness. And that shamelessness is now written in our history.

Angel Santiesteban-Prats

Lawton prison settlement. April 2014.

To sign the petition for Amnesty International to declare Cuban
dissident Angel Santiesteban a prisoner of conscience follow the link.

Translated by mlk.

Source: UNEAC Complicit In Its Silence / Angel Santiesteban |
Translating Cuba -
http://translatingcuba.com/uneac-complicit-in-its-silence-angel-santiesteban/

No comments:

Post a Comment